Daniel chapter three presents some issues that reflect what will happen in the last days. The issues are a universal decree over the worship, church and state combine to force the issue, and an image that is based on man’s interpretation of something God revealed. In this chapter you will learn what faith looks like, how it acts under pressure, and how God always stands beside it.
1. How was Nebuchadnezzar’s image different from the image God gave him? 3:1
2. What was the purpose of the gathering on the plains of Dura? 3:2
3. As people gathered, what were they ordered to do? Why? 3:3-6
4. What part did the music play? 3:5
5. What does verse 6 tell you about the decree?
6. In verse 7, what does it say about who fell down and worshipped? What does this reveal about people? How does it apply to us today?
7. Why did the Chaldeans accuse the Jews? 3:8-12
8. How does what they said reveal what they were thinking and feeling? 3:8-12
9. What good communication principle did Nebuchadnezzar use in verse 14? How could you use it in the future?
10. What was Nebuchadnezzar willing to do for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego?
11. What does verse 15 reveal about the kings attitude about God?
12. What do verses 16-18 tell you about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and their walk with God?
13. What can you apply to your own walk with God?
14. How did the king respond to their faith commitment? 3:19-23
15. What lesson do you learn for your own life in the fact that they fell bound into the fire and then the fire set them free?
16. Read verse 24,25. Why was the king astonished? How did he recognize Jesus?
17. What did Nebuchadnezzar do after he saw one like the son of man? 3:26,27 What do you learn from this?
18. Read verse 28. What is a key phrase that could help you for the rest of your life?
19. What does verse 29 reveal about the king’s spiritual growth?
20. Where do you think Daniel was during this event?
21. Why would it have been wrong for them to bow down to this image?
22. What do you learn about the 3 D’s of Faith from this chapter?
a. Decision –
b. Dilemma –
c. Deliverance –
23. How do trials help us in our walk with God? 1 Peter 1:6,7
24. What trials are you going through right now? Do you recognize one like the son of man there beside you?
25. Read Isaiah 43:1-3. How does this promise fit into this chapter? How will it help you in the trials ahead of you?
26. What are the main themes from this chapter that you could use to help someone else?
Free Printable Download Daniel Study Guide 03