The message of Zechariah is God’s love and care for His people. God gave Zechariah a view of God’s work and plan on this earth. His mission was to encourage the people event though they were in captivity.
1. Read 1:1,2. What do these verses tell you about God?
2. In chapter 1:3 God appeals to his people to do something, what is it? Why?
3. What is a good life principle to live by in 1:4?
4. God wants to reason from cause to effect – what was the cause and the result implied in 1:5
5. What options do you have according to 1:6?
6. Read Zechariah’s vision about the horses. 1:7-11. What lesson does God want you to learn from this illustration?
7. Read the prayer of the angel – 1:12-17. What does it mean?
8. Read the vision about the 4 carpenters. 1:18-21. What does it mean for us today?
9. What is the vision of the measuring line? 2:1-5
10. What promises does God give in 2:6-13.
11. What hopeful things do you learn about yourself from the vision of the priest and Satan? 3:1-10
12. What vision does Zechariah see in 4:1-10? What is the meaning of the candlestick?
13. What does the mountain represent in 4:7? Why?
14. What are the olive trees? Why is this important for us to understand?