Naaman Learns About God
1. Would God actually give success and victory to the enemy of
His church? Why? 2 Kings 5:1
2. What can the “Little Maid’s” attitude teach me about
relating to God in my tragedies? What was her focus on? (:2,3)
3. How does this show the importance of the words I speak? (:4,5)
4. How can this dynamic apply to the last days and evangelism?
5. If people are not interested in my “religion” today, how does
this story tell help me to know how to reach them? (:6)
6. What was the King of
time I related to unexpected troubles like this? What can I learn
from his cowardly response? (:7)
7. What did Elisha and the Little Maid have in common? (:8)
8. How can I have this kind of confidence in God? Why is it so
important today as we approach the second coming?
9. Why did Naaman get angry? How is his reaction so much
like my human nature? Note the key 2 word phrase in :11 (:9-12)
10. Think of a time when God’s word didn’t match what you
thought made sense, or what you felt was right, and how did you
react? What are some other verses that come to mind on this point?
11. Why do you think God didn’t just heal Naaman back in
Think of how your answer applies to the “whys” of your life.
Note: Someone once said, “The process is often the product.”
12. What is so important about these 2 verses that help me
with my daily life right now? (:13,14)
13. What are some simple things that God tells us to do today – that
if we did them we’d be healthy – but we’ve a hard time doing?
14. Why do you think Elisha refused to take payment for Naaman’s healing? (:15,16)
15. What’s this teach us about the gospel and God’s blessings?
16. How do we know Naaman became a believer? Think of some
different methods of how God can use us to bless others that they
might become open to spiritual things.
17. Why do you think Naaman asked for two mules? (:17)
18. What was the dilemma Naaman now faced upon
19. What does Gehazi teach me about coveting, lying and
secret sin? (20-24)
20. How does this apply to today in light of the fact that the
investigative judgment is going on now in heaven? (:25-27)
21. List what you think are the three most important practical lessons
that help you from this story.
22. See Luke 4:27 Why did Jesus refer to this story and what does it teach us about people in other churches today?