Before we start Genesis 6, let’s think about what Jesus said about the days of Noah.
Mt 24:37 "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
There must be things in Genesis 6 that we need to learn so that we will be ready for the Second Coming of Jesus.
Who were the children of God?
Who were the children of men?
What were the children of God doing? What was their focus?
If you look at us today, are we focused on the same things they were?
Gen. 6:5 – How did God feel about what man was doing? How does He feel today? How does He feel about you?
List the character traits of the people before the flood:
- ____________________________________________________________ Gen.6:2
- ____________________________________________________________ Gen.6:4
- ____________________________________________________________ Gen 6:5
- ____________________________________________________________ Gen 6:11
- ____________________________________________________________ Gen 6:13
What was Noah like? Read verses 8-9, 22
Why do you think Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord? What is grace? What does it do for you and I?
What promise did God give Noah that encouraged him for what was to come? Gen. 6:18,19
What lessons for your own life do you learn from this chapter?
How can you be different from the average person before the flood who was not prepared for it?