He Wants To Protect You
The Bible claims that God has given us laws to protect us and keep us from detouring down the deadly road of sin. We have the freedom to choose to obey these laws and reap the benefits or disobey and reap the consequences of our choices.
1. How is sin defined in the Bible? 1 John 3:4
2. What does sin lead to? Romans 6:23, Isaiah 59:1,2
3. If a person says there is no sin, what is there no need for? 1 John 1:8-10
4. What is God’s law and who is subject to it? Psalms 111:7,8; Psalms 103:20
5. What does God’s law do for us? Romans 3:20
6. What miraculous thing happens in us when we accept Jesus into our hearts? Romans 3:28-31
7. In the new relationship with God, what does He promise to do for us? Hebrews 8:10
8. What will it mean in our lives to have God’s law written in our hearts and minds?
9. Is obedience a duty or is it a response of love? John 14:15 Describe how that has happened in your own life.
10. What does it mean in Romans 6:14,15 that we are not under the law?
11. What will God’s last day people especially be challenged to uphold? Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12
1. What did Jesus mean about the law in Matthew 22:37-40?
2. If Jesus had come to destroy the law, how would that effect our lives today? Matthew 5:17
3. What is the relationship between faith and the law? Romans 3:31
4. What personal lesson can we get from the fact that God wrote the commandments on a tablet of stone, letter by letter? Exodus 31:18
5. Read Ezekiel 36:26,27. What is God telling you in these verses?
6. What are the Ten Commandments and what do they mean? Exodus 20
____________________________ 6. ________________________
____________________________ 7. ________________________
____________________________ 8. ________________________
____________________________ 9. ________________________
____________________________ 10. ________________________
7. How has society been changed by disregarding God’s laws in public life?
8. Why is it important for us to live by rules or laws? As children? As adults?
9. In the light of God’s law, what is grace and how does it help you? Ephesians 2:8-10