He Wants to Forgive You – Salvation
The Bible Claim about Forgiveness: God says that Jesus came to give us a brand new start with Him, to wipe the slate clean, and empower us to live for Him.
1. How do many people live their lives? Ephesians 2:12 ______________________________________________________________
2. What is God’s desire for our life? John 3:15,16 ________________________
3. What does He promise us as a result of our relationship with Jesus? Romans 5:1,2
4. Is God interested in your….
___ eternal life
___ peace in your heart every day
___ personal relationship with Him
___ obedience to His law
___ physical needs
5. Why do people today not live a peaceful, enjoyable life – including the assurance of eternal life? John 3:18-20 ______________________________________________________________
6. How are we all in the same boat? Romans 3:23 _______________________
7. What do we all deserve? Romans 6:23_______________________________
8. What is it that God offers us? Romans 6:23 __________________________
9. What does God do when we come to Him in our sinfulness and ask for forgiveness and why does He do it? 1 John 1:9, Romans 5:6-8 ___________
10. As we receive the gift of Jesus, what do we become? John 1:12 __________
11. How do we accept what God offers us? Ephesians 2:8.,9 _______________
12. What is our acceptance with God not based on according to Ephesians 2:8,9? ______________________________________________________________
13. When we are tempted to look at ourselves and judge our acceptance with God based on our own goodness or badness, what should we do? Isaiah 45:22 _________________________________________________________
——-Discover Jesus 105——-
1. How does God’s solution to our sin problem make you feel?
2. Is it easier to be saved or lost according to the verses you have just studied and why?
3. How would you describe the faith that is mentioned in Ephesians 2:8.9?
4. If you ask God to forgive you for past sins, are they forgiven? Do you choose to forgive yourself?
5. If someone asked you if you have the assurance of eternal life right now, what would you say and on what would you base your answer?
6. What does Paul say is a danger to us? 2 Corinthians 10:12
7. Who is the only one we need to look at? Hebrews 12:2
8. Do you know someone who struggles with guilt, stress, grief, loneliness, or fear that would benefit from learning that God loves them and has a plan for dealing with these emotions in our lives? Write down their name and pray that God will use you to help them understand His wonderful gift.
9. In the simplest terms, you can have forgiveness and peace of mind by simply:
q Asking God to forgive you
q Believing that He accepts you as you are
q Receiving whatever He wants to give you
10. Read 1 John 5:12, 13. Write down your thoughts about these verses.
For further study: Read John 3:1-21 (The story of Nicodemus, a religious leader but a person without peace of mind), Discover 5